What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. Its usefulness is that the web is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Cookies usually store technical information like personal preferences, personalization of content, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc.
The cookie is not a virus, nor a Trojan, nor a worm, nor spam, nor spyware and does not open pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store any type of sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID, personal information, etc. They keep technical data like personal preferences and personalization of contents, etc.
What type of cookies exist?
• Technical cookies: Allow the user to navigate through a dynamic web page and the use of different options and services that exist in it. Among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous or a registered user navigates.
• Analysis cookies: Allow the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users on the website, the sections you use the most, products consulted, time band of use, language, etc.
• Advertising cookies: They show advertising based on your browsing, country of origin, language, etc.
Which is the difference between own and third party cookies?
Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and third parties cookies are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable cookies?
To understand the scope that can have disable cookies we give you some examples:
• You will not be able to share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
• The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences, as it usually happens in online stores.
• You will not be able to access the personal area of that website, such as My account, or My profile or My orders.
• Online stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, you will have make them by telephone or visiting the physical store.
• It will not be possible to customize your geographical preferences as time zone, currency or language.
• The website will not be able to collect web analytics on visitors and traffic, which will make his competitiveness very difficult.
• You will not be able to write on the blog, to upload photos, post comments or rate content. The web will not be able to know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
• Sectoral advertising will not be displayed, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the website.
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes. Cookies can be deleted or blocked, in a general or in a specific way for one single domain.
To remove cookies from a specific website you must go to the configuration of your browser and search the domain of this website to proceed to its removal.
Cookies configuration at Google Chrome
Cookies configuration at Microsoft Internet Explorer
Cookies configuration at Mozilla Firefox
Cookies configuration at Safari (Apple)
Cookies used on this website
Following the guidelines of the Spanish Agency for Data Protection we proceed to give you more details about the cookies used by this website in order to inform you as accurately as possible.
This website uses the following own cookies:
• Session cookies, to ensure that users who write comments on the blog are human and not automated applications. This way, we block spam messages.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
• Google Analytics: cookies that collect statistics on traffic and volume of visitors of this website. Using this website you are consenting the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the defence of any right in this regard must be exercise communicating directly with Google.
• Social networks: Each social network uses its own cookies so that you can click on Like or Share buttons.
• Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies and you have to exercise your right to eliminate or deactivate them from the web browser configuration options. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect manipulation of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
• In some cases it is necessary to install cookies to make remember the browser your decision of not accepting them.
• In the case of Google Analytics cookies, this company stores cookies on servers located in the United States and agrees not to share information with third parties, except in cases where it is necessary for the the system function or when the law requires it. You can consult detailed information in this regard on this link. If you want information about the use that Google gives to cookies you can find it on this other link.